Mobile Hotspots are small, portable gadgets that create an area of Wi-Fi coverage to allow nearby devices such as phones, laptops or tablets to connect to the internet. These are useful for people who lack internet connection in their home or who maintain limited data on their phone.
We’re excited to be able to add this to the growing list of Library Resources!
Allentown Public Library Mobile Hotspots come in a locking plastic container which holds the device, a charging cable, wall adapter and instructions for use. The containers allow for the safe return to the library in the outside book drops.
Mobile HotSpots circulate with the following criteria:
- Check-out period is seven (7) days.
- Check outs or placing a hold can be accomplished using Adult Allentown Public Library Cards ONLY.
- One device per library card may be checked out at one time.
- Mobile HotSpots may be renewed up to two (2) times provided no one else has reserved the item.
- Internet access in unlimited during the original seven (7) day check-out period as well as during renewal period(s).
- Internet access is terminated when the item becomes overdue, and late fees begin to accumulate at that time.
- Late fee for overdue Mobile Hotspots is $2 per day.
- The cost to replace a lost or damaged Mobile Hotspot is $100.
- Inquire at the Circulation Desk if you would like one to check out.