On October 12th, the Allentown Public Library is switching to an entirely new computer system. The Library will NOT be closed and borrowers will NOT have to get a new library card, but other significant changes and possible disruptions are occurring. See below for details and visit our website for changes.
- No items will be due back from October 2-14.
- Please return or renew your items on or after October 13th.
- The library catalog will be down October 6 -11.
- No overdue fines will be charged between October 9 -11.
- No new library cards will be issued from October 9-11.
- Library cards must be present to check out on October 9-11. There will be no way to access your record without a barcode when the computers are down.
- For security reasons, your PIN number in the new system will automatically be entered as the last four digits of the phone number you have on file. This PIN can be changed on or after October 12th to a number of your choosing.
- The “reading list” feature from the current system will not transfer over to the new system. You will need to make a back-up of your list, as the library will not have access to it.
- The new library system has the capability of notifying patrons that their reserves have arrived with a text message. On or after the 12th, ask a staff member to activate this feature on your account if you are interested.
Thank you for your patience as we make these changes to serve you better!