Morning Call Online Obituary Index
Below are spreadsheets containing obituaries published in the Morning Call from 1895-1983. From 1984 to present, please use the searchable archive found in our subscription page.
- THIS INDEX IS NOW COMPLETE. Each block of years has a page that shows which months have been indexed. If you are unable to find an obituary you believe should be in the Morning Call, or find an error in the index, please ask for assistance at the reference desk, or use our online reference question form.
- Each name is listed alphabetically, along with the date the obituary appeared in the Morning Call (NOT the date of death) and the page on which it appears. To see the actual obituary, stop at our AV desk and ask to use the microfilm room.
- Due to the size of each file, these will no longer be able to be hosted on-line. A program with the ability to view .xls files, such as Microsoft Excel or Open Office, is required to open these indexes. Click on the links below to download the file, and Windows will automatically open it via the appropriate program when you click on it.
- It is also possible to search for a name within any range of dates. Right click anywhere on any page of the spreadsheet, then press CTRL-F on your keyboard. Type in part or all of the last *OR* first name in the box labeled Find:. If there is more than one match, clicking on find will cycle through all matches.
- Special thanks to Jerri Burket, whose time and energy made this resource possible.
UPDATED: February, 2014