After careful consideration of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the Allentown Public Library has opted to close to the public until further notice.
Users may take advantage of our many online resources during this closure. For more information on our services, please see the Questions and Answers below.
Stay safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Questions & Answers
Q. Are there library resources I can use while APL is closed?
- Yes! You can use OverDrive or the Libby app on your laptop or personal device to download ebooks and e-audiobooks. You can also use RB Digital to download emagazines. Rosetta Stone, Heritage Quest, Newsbank, and other databases are also available HERE.
Q. What if my items are due? Will there be late fees?
- Library materials will not be due until May 20th, 2020. There will not be late fees during this time.
Q. Can I drop off my library materials at the library?
- The library will be closed but items can be returned 24/7 at the book drop located in the parking lot behind the library.
Q. What about my holds? Will I be able to get them?
- Since the library is closed, please disregard any automated hold notices you receive from the library.
Q. My library card is expiring, now what?
- Don’t worry! The Library has extended all expiring cards.