Occasionally the Allentown Public Library seeks reliable, responsible, and motivated people to add to its staff. The following employment opportunities are currently available.
If you are interested in applying for any of the positions listed below, please send a cover letter, resume, and references. Any potential employee must receive a clean background check before being offered a position.
Allentown Public Library
Job #/Job Title
1210 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18102
Please include the JOB # and Job Title in the subject line of all emails, or on the front of all envelopes.
No telephone inquiries please.
JOB#05041119: IT Specialist (Full-Time)
Responsible for providing technical support for all LAN and Internet/Cloud-based computer systems and software at the library. Must be able to maintain and develop all aspects of the network, train staff and work with the Federal E-Rate program. Must pass written examination prior to the interview process. All exams must be scheduled and taken within the library.
This is a Full-Time (35 hours per week) position with a compensation of $50,000 to $60,000 per year, subject to experience.
In accordance with PA Department of Human Services guidelines, all prospective employees must be able to provide following documents before starting employment. Once employed, all employees are required to submit updated copies of each document every five (5) years:
- PA State Criminal Record Check (Section 1-111 of the Pennsylvania School Code – Act 34)
- Child Abuse Clearance (Sections 6354-6358 of the Public Welfare Code – Act 151)
- FBI Federal Criminal Background – To initiate this background check, applicants must register online at http://www.dhs.pa.gov/citizens/clearancesbackgroundchecks/index.htm under the PA Department of Human Services.
Ideal Candidates Should:
- Possess a degree, certificate or training as a system level network administrator in a Microsoft environment
- Demonstrate proficiency at the systems level with MS Windows server programs and related software
- Exhibit good judgment and problem solving skills and be able to troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Have experience with wireless networks and their configuration
- Show knowledge regarding network and client security technologies
- Be flexible as the demands of the job change
- Be able to work neatly and accurately, pay attention to detail
- Be capable of working cooperatively in a team environment and communicate effectively
Click HERE to see a full description of this position.
JOB#04091919: Maintenance Personnel (Full-Time)
The duties of this full-time maintenance position (37.5 hours per week) consist of building and grounds maintenance, snow removal, janitorial tasks, and some security responsibilities. This position features a varied work schedule, including evenings, Saturdays, and occasional Sunday hours.
Position includes: paid holidays, generous allowances for personal and vacation time, excellent health and retirement benefits and optional employee-paid eye and dental benefits. Salary range for this position is $30 to $35K per year contingent upon experience.
In accordance with PA Department of Human Services guidelines, all prospective employees must also be able to provide the following documents before starting employment. Once employed, all employees are required to submit updated copies of each document every sixty (60) months:
- PA State Criminal Record Check
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Federal Criminal Background
More information on obtaining these clearances can be found at: http://www.dhs.pa.gov/publications/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/index.htm
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a H.S. Diploma or Equivalent.
- Have a valid PA Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Exhibit the ability to understand and safely operate power tools.
- Be self-motivated and prompt.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be professional, considerate, and have a positive attitude.
- Possess the ability to work cooperatively with the public and other Library staff.
Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. EST on November 29, 2019.