Occasionally the Allentown Public Library seeks reliable, responsible, and motivated people to add to its staff. The following employment opportunities are currently available.
If you are interested in applying for any of the positions listed below, please send a cover letter, resume, and references. Any potential employee must receive a clean background check before being offered a position.
Allentown Public Library
Job #/Job Title
1210 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18102
Please include the JOB # and Job Title in the subject line of all emails, or on the front of all envelopes.
No telephone inquiries please.
JOB#04092619: Technical Services Clerk (Book Repair and Mending), Technical Services
The Technical Services Clerk (Book Repair and Mending)(PT) is responsible for repairing damaged materials, keeping track of mending supplies, assisting in the processing of new materials as needed and other duties as assigned.
This position is approximately 15 to 20 hours per week with a compensation rate of $11 per hour.
In accordance with PA Department of Human Services guidelines, all prospective employees must be able to provide following documents before starting employment. Once employed, all employees are required to submit updated copies of each document every five (5) years:
- PA State Criminal Record Check (Section 1-111 of the Pennsylvania School Code – Act 34)
- Child Abuse Clearance (Sections 6354-6358 of the Public Welfare Code – Act 151)
- FBI Federal Criminal Background – To initiate this background check, applicants must register online at http://www.dhs.pa.gov/citizens/clearancesbackgroundchecks/index.htm under the PA Department of Human Services.
Ideal Candidates should:
- Possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Have a knowledge of library clerical procedure and practices; proficiency with MS Office and basic computer data entry skills a plus
- Exhibit good judgment and problem solving skills and be flexible as the demands of the job change
- Be able to work neatly and accurately, pay attention to detail and follow directions
- Be capable of working cooperatively in a team environment
- Be able to bend, reach, stoop, lift up to 25 pounds and push a book truck
Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 7, 2020. Interviews will be ongoing until position has been filled.