Special AV Borrowing Policies
1. Allowable DVD checkouts by age groups are as follows:
• Children 5 to 12 – ratings of G or PG
• 13 to 17 years of age – ratings of G, PG and PG13
• 18 years of age and older – ALL ratings
• Non-rated DVDs may be checked out by any age group.
2. DVDs, Playaway Views and games may be returned to Bethlehem’s Main Library, South Side Branch, Bookmobile, or our book drops. Please be careful to close these cases securely to prevent damage. They may also be returned at Bethlehem Area Public Library or Easton Area Public Libraries.
3. Library staff will visually inspect each DVD before it is checked out and again when it is returned. The patron who checked out the item is responsible for any damage while it is in his or her possession.
4. If you have any problems viewing a DVD, please report it when returning it to the library.
5. The Allentown Public Library takes no responsibility for damage to patrons’ equipment from the use of library materials.
6. Because of copyright and licensing restrictions, DVDs may not be duplicated or broadcast. Only those DVDs licensed for public performance may be shown by organizations or public institutions. All others are for home viewing only.