The Library has 4 microfilm readers available for public use located on 2nd floor. *Currently this area is CLOSED due to COVID-19 restrictions. (If you require copies of an obituary as outlined below, please send a request to the Reference Department that includes the person’s name, date of death and any important information we might need to locate it. We will arrange for you to pick up a copy of that obituary.
Prints can be made for $0.25 per each page and be can paid either with change or prepaid library cash card.
The library maintains a Morning Call Obituaries Index for obituaries dating from 1895-1983 to help with your search.
Microfilm Collection Includes
- Allentown Morning Call (1895-Present)
- Allentown City Directories (1860-1980)
- New York Times (1854-Present)
- Washington Post (1984-2003)
- The New Republic (1914-1963)
- Friedens Bote (1812-1899)
- Unabridged Republikaner (July 1810-Nov. 2, 1915)
- Allentown Democrat Newspaper (Sept. 28, 1847-1914 incomplete)
- Catasaqua Dispatch (Aug. 31, 1872-Apr. 04, 1914)
- Passenger List: Port of New York (1863-1908)
- Census Records (1800-1930)
- American Fund for Public Service (1922-1941)